WHAT TO EXPECT?
Leave the city behind and join us for a 4 day trip to the Tankwa Karoo. This is also one of our amazing TOUR2TRAIN expeditions, where we combine awesome riding with skills training at our Western Cape CountryTRAX Academy in Touws River.
Our very unique TOUR2TRAIN concept has a threefold purpose. Firstly, to have lots of riding fun with like-minded old and new friends. Secondly, to learn to ride a bit better, by spending time on skills training and thirdly to enjoy some of the best riding areas in our country.
We leave Cape Town early on Thursday morning for our training facility in Touws River. Just outside Cape Town, we get on the back roads and travel mostly on gravel for the rest of the day. We sleep two nights at the CountryTRAX facility in Touws River. The first day on the farm we will spend practising some specific skills and riding techniques. On day 3 we ride through the Tankwa Karoo via Sutherland to spend the evening at Gannaga Lodge. On day 4 we ride the R355, a pitstop at the Tankwa Padstal and back home via Droelandskloof and Bainskloof Pass.
This trip has plenty of gravel riding, some a bit more technical. It is suitable for riders who are comfortable with off-road riding, mountain passes and sharp bends (intermediate riders) and would like to improve their overall skill and confidence.
This is a small group tour (maximum 8-10 riders) which allow for a more personalised and unique experience.
2020 TOUR DATES
Thursday 11 to Sunday 14 June 2020
- Start/End: Cape Town, South Africa
- Total Time: 4 days, 3 Nights
- Riding Days: 3 days, 1 day training
- Riding: Approximately 1,000 Km total (±335 Km/riding day)
- Roads & Terrain: Combination of tar, good gravel and short technical sections.
- R6,750 per rider (from Cape Town, with own motorcycle)
- 3 Nights accommodation
- 4 x Breakfasts, 4 x Lunches and 3 x Dinners
- Training day at CountryTRAX Western Cape Academny
- Guide, fun, lots of laughs and camaraderie
- Fuel for your motorcycle
- Items of a personal nature
- Backup vehicle
Are you ready for this quick breakaway to refresh your riding skills?
To book your spot: Touws River Tour2Train Booking Form 2020