WHAT TO EXPECT
Join us on an unforgettable motorcycle tour to Rwanda and Uganda. The tour will start and end in Kigali, Rwanda. We explore Rwanda in an anti-clockwise direction visiting the genocide museum, the town of Nyanza - home to the well-known Inyambo Cows and Lake Kivu. From Lake Kivu we will be riding into Uganda for a lifechanging Silverback Gorilla Trekking experience and then touring on through Uganda in a clock-wise direction, visiting Queen Elizabeth National Park, Lake Albert, Murchison Falls and Jinja the source of the Nile.
We transport your motorcycle (owned or rented from us) from Cape Town South Africa to Kigali Rwanda saving you weeks of travelling time and having to pass through all the border posts from and to South Africa.
With a good mixture of tar and gravel roads you can be assured of a real Africa adventure. Sound intermediate riding skills are required, and pillions are welcome, as long as they are comfortable riding with you off-road and longer distances.
Like all our other tours, the Rwanda/Uganda tour is designed for small groups of between 5 and 7 bikes, to allow for a more personal experience.
Motorcycle rental can be arranged at an additional cost. We have a fleet of BMW F800GS and R1200GS LC available.
If you want to join our Rwanda/Uganda tour from another country, let us know and we will provide you with a customised quotation.
RWANDA & UGANDA 17-DAY TOUR DATES FOR 20211
Friday 9 - Sunday 25 July 2021
Friday 20 August - Sunday 5 September 2021
- Start/End: Kigali, Rwanda
- Total Time: 17 days
- Riding Days: 13 (2 rest days), first day arrival and last day return flight to South Africa
- Riding: Approximately 2,400 Km total (185 Km/riding day average)
- Roads & Terrain: There is a good mixture of tar and gravel roads in both Rwanda and Uganda. Approximately 60% tar and 40% gravel roads.
- Expected Weather: The average temperature in June is about 26 Degree Celsius mid-day and about 16 degree Celsius early in the mornings. June to August is generally the dry season in Rwanda and Uganda.
- R115,000 per rider (with own motorcycle, single accommodation, unless sharing with pillion)
- R75,000 per pillion (Sharing accommodation with the rider)
- Return airfare (economy) from Cape Town/Johannesburg to Kigali, Rwanda
- Return transportation of your motorcycle from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Rwanda
- All border costs
- Carnet de Passage for the motorcycles
- International Drivers Licences (if you do not already have one)
- 3rd Party Insurance of motorcycles whilst in Rwanda and Uganda
- East African Visa Cost
- Guide on own motorcycle
- 16 Nights single accommodation (unless sharing with a pillion)
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners while on tour
- Fuel for the trip
- Visit to the Genocide Museum in Kigali
- Visit to the King's Palace in Rwanda to see the impressive Inyambo Cows
- Canopy Walk and entry in the Nyungwe Forest National Park - Rwanda
- Silverback Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
- Entry fee into the Murchisons Falls National Park
- Entry fee and Nature walk/Birding walk/Shoebill Canoe Ride in the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- All ferry crossings
- Lots of fun, laughs and camaraderie
- Cost to get to OR Tambo or Cape Town International Airport and back home
- Drinks and tips
- Any other extra activities/park fees/boat trips/white water rafting etc. not mentioned specifically in inclusions
- Delivery and collection of motorcycle to/from Wild@Heart collection point in Cape Town or Johannesburg
- Items of a personal nature
- Yellow Fever Certificate
- Backup vehicle (can be arranged at an extra cost if required)
To be loaded soon!