WHAT TO EXPECT
Tanzania is consistently rated as probably the best tourist destination in Africa. It is home to the highest and largest free standing mountain in the world, Kilimanjaro and particularly known for the rich and diverse wildlife concentrations, mineral and other resources available. Over 25% of the land is protected and amazing safari destinations like the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater attrack thousands of international vistors annually. Tanzania will make your dream adventure come true.
Normally, Tanzania's safari destinations are divided into three circuits, the Northern Circuit, Southern Circuit and Western Circuit. The Northern Circuit includes the Serengeti along with it's famous wildebeest migration and the Mt Kilimanjaro National Park, making it by far the most popular region. Our expedition will cover the eastern region, north of Dar es Salaam and some of the best areas of the popular Northern Circuit.
Our Tanzania motorcyle expedition starts in Dar es Salaam, follow a circular route north along the eastern coast line, inwards towards Amani Forest Reserve in the Eastern Usambara Mountaings. From here, we ride to Mambo Viewpoint in the Western Usamabaras where one can savour spectacular 360 degree views. Next day we travel towards Lake Chala through the Pare Mountains. Lake Chala is a crater lake that straddles the border between Tanzania and Kenya. From here we circumnavigate the great Mount Kilimanjaro anti-clockwise and enjoy a lovely farm stay on the western side of Kili. On Day 8 we head towards Karatu, where we will spend the night at a lodge on the rim of the Ngorongoro crater. From there we travel to Karatu and visit the Ngorongoro Crater. Further South we ride through the Mikumi National Park and back to spend our last night at Bagamoyo, just north of Dar es Salaam, from where we fly back.
Approximately 80% of the trip will be on dirt/gravel roads. Most of the time in the saddle ont his trip will therefore be spend on gravel. The trip is suitable for strong intermediate to advanced riders and is generally not pillion friendly.
Groups consists of only 5-8 motorcycles to allow for a more personalised and unique experience.
The trip is suitable for strong, intermediate to advanced riders and is not pillion friendly.
NORTH EAST TANZANIA TOUR DATE FOR 20241
Friday, 7 June to Sunday 20 June 2024
- Start/End: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Total Time: 12 days
- Riding Days: 10 riding days, arrive the first day, fly back the last day
- Riding: Approximately 2,500 Km total (250 Km/riding day average). Almost 80% dirt roads.
- Expected Weather: Warm, sometimes humid days with a remote possibility of some rain. Tour dates were selected to fall outside Tanzania's normal rainfall season.
- Roads & Terrain: Good tar/paved roads, some good gravel roads, some sand and some more challenging, steep, technical sections.
- 5,000USD per rider (Single accommodation and includes motorcycle rental)
- 3,670USD per pillion sharing with rider
- Accommodation (11 nighs) in Tanzania – some luxury, other nights more rustic/basic (no camping)
- All breakfasts (11) and dinners (11) whilst on tour
- Motorcycle rental - BMW R1200GS LC
- Ferry cost at Pangani
- Entry fee at Amani Nature Reserve
- Entry fee at Lake Chala
- Local flight from Tanga to Dar es Salaam
- Transfers between airport and hotel in Dar es Salaam
- Transfer to airport in Tanga
- Any Visa and Covid test related costs (If applicable)
- Airfare/flights to and from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Fuel, drinks, tips and items of a personal nature
- Any other extra activities/park fees and visits not mentioned specifically in inclusions