InfoMap™ produces high-detailed maps from different South African regions and neighbouring countries. This range of paper maps (also sold in PDF format), was developed and researched for the adventurous traveller, those who demand more from a road map than the ordinary tourist or motorist. Since InfoMap started in 1998, with the first decent map of the Richtersveld National Park, the range extended to 7 maps of different regions of South Africa and 10 maps of neighbouring countries.
What makes InfoMap special? InfoMap™ was one of the pioneers that added GPS coordinates to maps. The maps include information on accommodation facilities, visitors’ centers, adventure sites, points of interest, landmarks, towns, fuel stops, intersections and more. Descriptive multi-language icons indicate the type of facility, e.g. lodge, camp or hotel.
Unique features include:
- GPS coordinates of major intersections and geographical landmarks
- Availibility of diesel or petrol
- Accomodation options including camping, motels, B&B's and hotels
- Designed to unfold easily to be read in the confines of a vehicle or at dinner with a glass of wine or a cold beer :)
- Some of the maps feature travel tips and area information/li>
- Some maps feature conservation guidelines
The InfoMap range of maps compliment the rest of the maps and books we stock and provide high-detail of some of the lesser traveled routes popular with more adventurous riders. For more information visit the InfoMap Website