Leatt® is a sign of commitment, passion and dedication. It shows the world that you’re serious about your sport and, when it comes to safety, you don’t accept half-measures. It’s a badge of honour. A choice.
Years of the same commitment, passion and dedication went into the development of the revolutionary Leatt-Brace® and continues with every new product being developed at Leatt®. Backed by scientific research and the collaboration with highly esteemed players in the safety field, all our products benefit from these continuous efforts by Dr. Leatt and his team of designers and biomedical engineers at the Leatt® Lab in Cape Town, South Africa, home of Leatt®’s research & development. It is our badge of honour. Our choice.
I love this paragraph from the Leatt® website. It sums it up, if you are serious about your safety, get a neck brace. And Leatt is definitely our choice as well.
Motorcycle sports and racing can be dangerous, even if you take all the possible precautions.
We do not want to think about it, but participation in these activities can result in severe brain, head and neck injuries which may result in paralysis or even death.
The Leatt-Brace® is designed in conjunction with medical professionals and motorcycle enthusiasts to help prevent the following extreme movements:
- Hyperextension (over-bending of the head in a rearward direction)
- Lateral Hyperflexion (over-bending of the head to one side)
- Posterior Hypertranslation (extreme movement of the head and helmet, rearward on the neck)
- Hyperflexion (over-bending of the head in a forward direction)
- Coupled Axial Loading (helps prevent axial loading only when the axial forces act in combination with other mechanisms)
There is currently no other neck protection system available for motorcyclists that can effectively help prevent all of the above potential injuries. The design rationale behind the Leatt-Brace™ is to bring the head to a controlled stop. This is achieved by providing a padded rigid structure that acts as an alternate load path for neck forces. Helmet impacts otherwise transmitted from the helmet to skull and then to the neck are re-directed from the helmet to the brace to other body structures in a safe way.
Over long distances, the Leatt-Brace™ can also offer some relief from neck fatigue.
Leatt-Brace® has been tested by BMW Munich, KTM Works Riders and the SABS (South African Bureau of Standards). It is also endorsed by MSA (Motorsport South Africa).
To get the maximum benefit from your Leatt-Brace® it must be properly fitted and attached according to the instructions in the user manual.
Also carefully read the indemnity agreement on the back inside cover of the manual before using the Leatt-Brace®.
Although the Leatt-Brace® is designed to help reduce the risk of such injuries, there is no guarantee that any injury will be prevented by the use of this or any other safety equipment like a helmet, proper gear etc.
Also remember, that you should always use your Leatt-Brace® in conjunction with a good quality full-face helmet.
For the motorcyclist, you have4 different brace options:
- Leatt® STX Road
- Leatt® GPX Pro
- Leatt® GPX Race (previously called the Club)
- Leatt® GPX Trail (previously called the Adventure)
Click on the tabs below, to see more details of each of these braces.
We also have Leatt T-Shirts and Bags available.
- Leatt® STX Road
- Leatt® GPX Pro
- Leatt® GPX Race
- Leatt® GPX Trail
- Leatt T-Shirts
- Leatt Bags
R3,190.00 (including VAT)
Neck injuries can be of the most serious upper body injuries in motorcycle road accidents. Leatt® STX Road, the all-new neck brace for street motorcycle riders, forms an essential part of your personal safety system. It functions in conjunction with your helmet and is designed to help protect your neck from extreme movements and overall neck loading in the event of an accident. The Leatt® STX Road is engineered with Leatt®’s proven Alternative Load Path Technology™ (ALPT™) and features seamless integration of function, movement and looks for street motorcycle riding, on the road or at the track.
- Increases level of rider safety
- For all types of street riders
- Works with most full-face helmets, including popular flip-up helmets
- Fits most types of riding jackets and leather suits, with or without aero humps
- Designed for optimal riding position
- Fiberglass reinforced polyamide resin construction
- Unique foldable Scapula Wing designed to accommodate an aero hump or back protector and provide easy storage
- No-tool scapula wing adjustment
- Jacket Zipper Relief area
- Collarbone Cut-out
- Red opening hinges for easy access and identification by paramedic staff
- Adjustable body strap system for a secure fit
- Adjustable sizing to fit most riders
Available in sizes S/M, L/XL and XXL
R5,495.00 (including VAT)
The Leatt® Pro neck brace is the pinnacle in neck brace technology! The Pro brace features a fully ventilated carbon-fiber chassis with completely redesigned, open-cell padding. The Pro Brace is the lightest, most ventilated and most comfortable brace we have ever designed and, like all Leatt-Braces®, is built around Alternative Load Path Technology™ to give you the confidence needed to compete at the top of your sport!
- The lightest Leatt-Brace® available 600g ± 50g!
- Kevlar reinforced Carbon Fiber Matrix chassis
- Anodized CNC spring loaded aluminium hinges are easy to use for both left- and light handers. Its bright red colour ensures easy identification by paramedical personnel in an emergency situation.
- Alternative Load Path Technology™
- New open celled light weight Velcro-free padding is removable & washable.
- Engineered Collarbone cutout to help keep your helmet and brace away from one of your most fragile bones.
- Unique one piece rear support (thoracic) designed to break away in severe impact scenarios.
- The greatest range of motion of any Leatt-Brace®
- Comes with harness system with quick-release buckles.
- On-board rear thoracic angle adjustment.
- Adjustable sizing to fit riders acording to Leatt® size chart.
- Available in sizes Medium & Small
- Replacement parts available
- Free Brace Bag included
R3,390.00 (including VAT)
For 2013 Leatt redesigned the best selling motorcycle neck brace in the world. So much so, that what used to be the Club brace is now renamed into the Race. The chassis is still made from Leatt’s high impact polymer (LHIP) but the front has been completely re-sculpted using into a split front design that was pioneered by the Leatt STX brace from 2011. The split front design allows for independent movement of the two “wings’ for increased comfort and better fit. This “split” design criteria was also added in the redesign of the rear thoracic strut. This strut, called CoreFlex, allows the rear, downward, “fingers” to flex independently of each other with co-molded, soft, rubber set between them and extending below them.
The Race neck brace is the only neck brace with the unique rear table height adjustment with 28mm of travel. This allows for the best, safest, way to custom fit the brace with your helmet, your body shape and your riding style. Like all Leatt neck braces the Race was invented by motorcycle racer and trauma surgeon, Doctor Chris Leatt, and built around Leatt® Corporation’s patented Alternative Load Path Technology, this brace is CE certified as personal protection. Used and trusted by more motorcycle, ATV, bicycle and snowmobile riders and racers than any other neck brace. The world’s most popular neck brace just got better!
- New sculptured, split front allows independent movement of the wings for improved comfort and fit
- New lower front and side sections increase range of motion for looking down and to the sides
- New CoreFlex rear thoracic strut has built in fracture point designed to snap off in a severe crash
- New color coded rear thoracic strut angle wedges for easier angle adjustment
- New rear thoracic strut can be set to -5°, 0°, 5°,10°and 15° for the perfect fit
- 4-Way adjustability for great comfort and fit
- Unique rear height adjustment table to match different helmet clearance preferences and riding positions
- Engineered collarbone cutout to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- Side mounted paramedical designed hinges that opens easy both left and right
- Redesigned optional clear strap included
- Removable clip-on padding for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Replacement parts and accessories available
- CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment PPE 89/686/eec
- Available in size Small/Medium or Large/X-Large
R2,695.00 (including VAT)
The least expensive version of the most popular and most trusted powersports neck braces in the world. The 2013 Trail brace is the newest version of what used to be called the Leatt Adventure brace. Because of the substantial improvements made to the Adventure, Leatt decided to change the name at the same time. Invented by trauma surgeon Dr. Chris Leatt the Trail brace has a lower price than other Leatt braces but still has the same safety features. Alternative Load Path Technology (ALPT), wide range of fitting options, light weight, dual hinge system to aid in emergency removal and engineered fracture and crumple zones are just some of the reasons hundreds of thousands of riders and racers worldwide put the trust in Leatt neck braces.
- 3-Way adjustability for a personalized, comfortable fit
- New one piece CoreFlex rear thoracic strut for improved comfort and fit
- CoreFlex rear thoracic strut has an engineered fracture point for improved safety
- New Rear thoracic strut can be set to -5°, 0°, 5°,10°and 15° for the perfect fit
- Chassis made of fiberglass reinforced polyamide resin
- Collarbone relief section
- Optional clear chest strap features new, improved design
- CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC
- Weighs only 800g (1.8 lbs)
- Two sizes: #S/M and #L/XL
Leatt T-shirts available at R150.00 (incl. VAT).
Leatt Winner T-Shirt
Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large & XX-Large.
Leatt Jason Britton T-Shirt
Sizes: Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Leatt Cyril Depres T-Shirt
Sizes: Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
Leatt® Element Backpack
Perfect ergonomically & function fitted to wear with a Leatt-Brace®
Leatt® Helmet & Brace Bag
Want to take your helmet and brace with?
R940.00 (incl. VAT)
R900.00 (incl. VAT)