Travel with Us
Wild@Heart has been involved in adventure motorcycling for over a decade and traveled South Africa and beyond our borders on two-wheels for many more. Our love for exploring and riding has encouraged us to start arranging organised expeditions into Africa. We also do custom trips and tours in South Africa and elsewhere for individuals or small groups.
For more information, or to book your spot on one of these expeditions, contact Johan on email@example.com. For custom trips, let us know what your requirements are and we will come up with something unique and tailormade to suit your dates, time available, riding skills, budget and bucket-list-places.
Travel with us and discover, Malawi - The Warm Heart of Africa. Our expedition will start in Blantyre and do a circular route first heading South to Mount Mulanje and Zomba and then up North along the shoreline of Lake Malawi. In the North we will visit Livingstonia and then follow some interesting inland routes, back to Blantyre.
We transport your motorcycle from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Blantyre, saving you weeks on traveling time and arrange border papers and third-party insurance in Malawi on your behalf.
Most of the trip (almost 70%) will be on tar/paved roads except for shorter sections of dirt to the lodges/overnight accommodation and of course a few gravel roads to visit interesting places and towns and see some of the lesser-traveled gems hidden in this amazing country.
Small groups of only 5-8 motorcycles allow for a more personalised and unique experience.
The trip is suitable for intermediate riders and is pillion friendly (because you would love to share experience).
If required, motorcycle rentals can be arranged. This will incur additional costs. If you prefer this option, please contact us for a quotation.
- Start/End: Blantyre, Malawi
- Total Time: 14 days
- Riding Days: 11 (3 rest days)
- Riding: Approximately 2,100 Km total (190 Km/day average)
- Expected Weather: Warm humid days with a possibility of some rain
- Roads & Terrain: Mostly tar/paved roads with some good gravel roads and a few short sandy patches
Monday, 25 September – Sunday 8 October 2017
Monday, 16 April - Sunday, 29 April 2018
Monday, 9 July - Sunday, 22 July 2018
Monday, 10 September - Sunday, 23 September 2018
- R46,500 per rider (with own motorcycle)
- R26,000 per pillion (sharing accommodation with the rider)
- Return airfare (economy) from Johannesburg to Blantyre
- Return transportation of your motorcycle from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Blantyre
- 3rd Party Insurance of motorcycles whilst in Malawi
- All accommodation in Malawi – some luxury, other nights more rustic/basic (no camping)
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Cost to get to OR Tambo Airport in Johannesburg and back home
- Fuel, lunches, drinks and tips
- Boat trips, snorkeling or any other extra activities
- Delivery and collection of motorcycle to/from Wild@Heart premises in Cape Town
- Any visa costs (if not South African passport holder)
- Items of a personal nature