WHAT TO EXPECT
Join us on an unforgettable motorcycle expedition to Rwanda and Uganda. The expedition will start and end in Kigali, Rwanda. We explore Rwanda in an anti-clockwise direction visiting the genocide museum, the town of Nyanza - home to the well-known Inyambo Cows and Lake Kivu. From Lake Kivu we will be riding into Uganda for a lifechanging Gorilla Trekking experience and then touring on through Uganda in a clock-wise direction, visiting Queen Elizabeth National Park, Lake Albert, Murchison Falls and Jinja the source of the Nile.
We transport your motorcycle (owned or rented from us) from Cape Town South Africa to Kigali Rwanda saving you weeks of travelling time and having to pass through 16 border posts from and to South Africa.
With a good mixture of tar and gravel roads you can be assured of a real Africa adventure. Sound intermediate riding skills are required, and pillions are welcome, as long as they are comfortable riding with you off-road and longer distances.
If preferred, it can also be arranged for your loved one to join us only for the Gorilla Trekking section of the expeditions by means of a fly-in and fly-out package. Please contact us for pricing in this regard.
Like all our other tours, the Rwanda expedition are based on small groups, between 5 and 7 bikes, to allow for a more personal expedition experience.
Motorcycle rental can be arranged at an additional cost. We have a fleet of BMW F800GS and R1200GS LC available.
If you want to join our Rwanda/Uganda expedition from another country, let us know and we will provide you with a customised quotation.
THE RWANDA 15-DAY STANDARD TOUR DATE FOR 20191
Saturday, 30 November - Saturday, 14 December 2019
- Start/End: Kigali, Rwanda
- Total Time: 15 days
- Riding Days: 12 (2 rest days), last day return flight to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Riding: Approximately 2,300 Km total (192 Km/day average)
- Roads & Terrain: There is a good mixture of tar and gravel roads in both Rwanda and Uganda. Approximately 60% tar and 40% gravel roads.
- Expected Weather: The average temperature in December is about 26 Degree Celsius mid-day and about 16 degree Celsius in the mornings. December falls between Rwanda and Uganda’s traditional short and long rainfall periods.
- R115,000 per rider (with own motorcycle, single accommodation)
- R75,000 per pillion (Sharing accommodation with the rider)
- Return airfare (economy) from Cape Town/Johannesburg to Kigali, Rwanda
- Return transportation of your motorcycle from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Rwanda
- All border costs
- 3rd Party Insurance of motorcycles whilst in Rwanda/Uganda
- 14 Nights accommodation in Rwanda/Uganda - no camping
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
- Lots of fun, laughs and camaraderie
- Flights/cost to get to OR Tambo airport in Johannesburg and back home
- Fuel, lunches, drinks and tips
- Any other extra activities/park fees and visits not mentioned specifically in inclusions
- Delivery and collection of motorcycle to/from Wild@Heart premises in Cape Town or Johannesburg
- Any visa costs (If applicable, depending on nationality)
- Items of a personal nature
- Backup vehicle (can be arranged at an extra cost if required)
- Boat trips and other activities not specifically included in the tour price
To be loaded soon!