WHAT TO EXPECT
Travel with us and discover, Malawi - The Warm Heart of Africa. Our expedition will start in Blantyre and we then ride a circular route first heading South to the tea plantations, Mount Mulanje and Zomba and then visit Liwonde National Park and the magical Lake Malawi.
We transport your motorcycle from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Blantyre, saving you weeks on traveling time and arrange border papers and third-party insurance in Malawi on your behalf.
Most of the trip (almost 80%) will be on tar/paved roads except for shorter sections of dirt to the lodges/overnight accommodation and of course a few gravel roads to visit interesting places and towns and see some of the lesser-traveled gems hidden in this amazing country.
Small groups of only 5-8 motorcycles allow for a more personalised and unique experience.
The trip is suitable for intermediate riders and is pillion friendly (because you would love to share this amazing experience with someone special).
If required, motorcycle rentals can be arranged. This will incur additional costs. If you prefer this option, please contact us for a quotation.
- Start/End: Blantyre, Malawi
- Total Time: 11 days
- Riding Days: 7 (3 rest days), fly back the last day
- Riding: Approximately 1,800 Km total (190 Km/day average)
- Expected Weather: Warm humid days with a remote possibility of some rain. Tour dates were selected to fall outside Malawi's normal rainfall season.
- Roads & Terrain: Mostly tar/paved roads with some good gravel roads and a few short sandy patches
2019 TOUR DATES
Saturday, 20 April - Saturday, 4 May 2019
- R70,000 per rider (with own motorcycle)
- R47,000 per pillion (sharing accommodation with the rider)
- Return airfare (economy) from Johannesburg to Blantyre
- Return transportation of your motorcycle from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Blantyre
- 3rd Party Insurance of motorcycles whilst in Malawi
- All accommodation in Malawi – interesting and very special places - luxury
- Two nights stay, included kayaking and snorkelling on Mumbo Island
- Boat safari on the Shire River - Liwonde National Park
- A few surprises!
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Cost to get to OR Tambo Airport in Johannesburg and back home
- Fuel, lunches, drinks and tips
- Boat trips, snorkeling or any other extra activities
- Delivery and collection of motorcycle to/from Wild@Heart premises in Cape Town
- Any visa costs (If applicable, depending on nationality)
- Items of a personal nature
To book your spot: Malawi 2019 Booking Form
Summary of our 2019 Expedition Dates:Wild at Heart 2019 Expedition Dates